Sunday, September 23, 2007

RUDY, YOU MADE ME LOVE YOU. I DIDN'T WANT TO DO IT....

Tina Fey, quoted in today's New York Times:

In another episode, in which [Fey's 30 Rock character] Liz reflects on things about herself that others wouldn't know, she says, "There is an 80 percent chance" that she will "tell all my friends I'm voting for Barack Obama, but I will secretly vote for John McCain."

Ms. Fey, who wrote that line, said it was semi-autobiographical, a way of "admitting I have a lot of liberal feelings, but I also live in New York, and I want to feel safe, and I secretly kind of want Giuliani."


Jeff Ren, a National Rifle Association member, interviewed by Jake Tapper of ABC News on Friday at the NRA conference (quote from ABC's World News; not available online):

"He's frankly respected, even by people who oppose him on this issue [guns], and I count myself as one of these people. He showed great fortitude as mayor after September 11th."

This is what scares me about the possibility that he'll win the nomination -- that far too many people you'd never imagine would vote for him, from all sides, actually will.

No comments: