Friday, July 25, 2008

ANOTHER GLOBALIST LEFTY "WORLD CITIZEN"

If the McCain campaign and the right blogosphere are horrified by Barack Obama because he called himself a "citizen of the world" in his Berlin speech, then they should be really furious at the liberal hippie who said this:

I've had to make some very difficult decisions, as you know, and I made the decisions based upon what I think is in the best interest of my country, the security of my country. But I also believe the decisions I have made will end up helping people realize the great blessings of liberty. I believe people ought to be able to worship freely, or not worship at all, but you're equally a citizen of the world. I believe that poverty and hopelessness in the spirit can be changed. I believe the United States has got an obligation to help others.

...And so the purpose of my visit here to Vienna has been to work with my European Union counterparts to join in a common alliance for the good of mankind.


Wait -- that was no liberal hippie, that was George W. Bush in 2006!

And here's Bush praising Bono at the National Prayer Breakfast the same year:

So I've gotten to know Bono. (Laughter.) He's a doer. The thing about this good citizen of the world is he's used his position to get things done. You're an amazing guy, Bono. God bless you. (Applause.)

OMG! Bush thinks being a "citizen of the world" is a good thing!

He also apparently thinks that not being a "citizen of the world" is a bad thing. In 2004, he criticized John Kerry's stance on the Iraq War by saying,

Does he think if we weren't in Iraq that Mr. Zarqawi would become a peaceful citizen of the world?

Oh, those "Kumbaya"-singing lefties....

****

UPDATE: A Kossack did some of the same research, plus a lot more about Bush and other prominent Americans. Also see this post from Andrew Sullivan's blog.

****
(Cross-posted at the Carpetbagger Report.)

No comments: