Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"A LOT OF POPPING COCKS"

Sorry, I can't resist this: the fact their party is shrinking to near-nonexistence is making the folks in Limbaughland a bit giddy:

CALLER: Thanks, Rush. It's good to talk to you.

RUSH: Yes.

CALLER: It's a great day in America and there's party at the big house tonight. I've got six bottles of old port downstairs and one of those cocks -- whoops, sorry -- corks is going to be popping tonight. We have been waiting for Arlen Specter --

RUSH: Did she say she's going to pop some cocks?

CALLER: No, I didn't say -- (laughing)

RUSH: You going to pop some cocks of port?

CALLER: You're a very bad guy. No, I did not say that. We're popping the cork on that bottle, and we are absolutely thrilled. I've been waiting for him to either succumb to his Alzheimer's or just plain get defeated in the polls, or switch parties and join the party he really belongs to.

... RUSH: Are you going to be doing this alone? You said we are going to pop the cocks on the --

CALLER: I did not say that. (laughing)

RUSH: Pop the corks, I'm sorry.

CALLER: Thank you.

RUSH: You said we're going to pop the corks on the port.

CALLER: Well, unfortunately my husband's on travel out in the West Coast, but I'll be doing it, we'll be talking on the phone, we'll be having a big party. Whoo-hoo, it's a good day in America!

RUSH: This is I think going to be a common reaction, many Republicans. This is why I say it's ultimately good. We're weaning out, I won't say deadwood, but weaning out people that are not really Republicans here and haven't been for a long time. Let's see. Not enough time to be fair with another caller. Yes, a lot of popping cocks -- corks, all over Republicanville tonight....


Oh, and that Alzheimer's reference was awfully classy, too, don't you think?

No comments: