Thursday, June 15, 2017

I'M SURE YOU'LL BE SHOCKED TO LEARN THAT TED NUGENT'S KUMBAYA ACT IS A COMPLETE FRAUD

Ted Nugent claims he's now tone-policing himself:
Appearing on WABC Radio’s Curtis & Eboni, the Motor City Madman said that he’s now been convinced that he can’t speak in “harsh terms” anymore, citing his wife for showing him a better way. He also encouraged others to take on a more civil tone.

“I cannot and I will not and I encourage even my friends/enemies on the left in the Democrat and liberal world that we got to be more civil to each other,” Nugent stated. “The whole world is watching America where you have the God-given right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And we have to be more respectful to the other side.”

He added, “I’m gonna take a deep breath, and I’m gonna back down. And if it gets fiery, if it gets hateful, I’m going away and I’m not gonna engage in that hateful rhetoric anymore.”
In the radio segment, he claimed that he's never condoned violence. That famous "suck on my machine gun" rant, when he said this?
Obama, he's a piece of shit, and I told him to suck on my machine gun. Let's hear it for him. And then I was in New York. I said, "Hey, Hillary, you might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch. Since I'm in California, how about [Senator] Barbara Boxer [D-CA], she might want to suck on my machine gun. And [Senator] Dianne Feinstein [D-CA], ride one of these you worthless whore. Any questions?
On the radio today, Nugent blamed it on excess exuberance:
“I’m not trying to make excuses, but when I made those wild ass comments on stage against then-Senator Hillary Clinton and then-Senator Barack Obama, I don’t know if you can grasp the degree of adrenaline and intensity and over-the-top animal spirit and attitude that I live on stage,” he said. Nugent added that he now has to take a “deep breath” and focus his energy on music....

He further explained that he never meant the machine gun remarks literally and that he doesn’t “want anyone’s lips on my machine guns.”
Here's the segment if you want to listen to it.



At one point, Nugent referred listeners to his Facebook page. I checked it and there is a video of Nugent claiming to be a changed man, which I'll get to in a bit. But I wanted to know: Has Nugent really changed? Does he really believe in civility now? Does he really think he should "be more respectful to the other side"?

Let's see: Here's something he posted on Monday, to accompany a photo of Rosie O'Donnell and an anti-gun quote reportedly from a late-'90s broadcast of her TV show:



Here's another post from Monday:



The day before, there was this:



This went up a week ago:



The same day as this:



So ol' Ted has not really been upping the civility quotient in his Facebook feed. He's continued to be the same hate-filled gasbag he's been for years.

Or at least that was the case until yesterday. What happened? Here's the video he posted yesterday, in which he first announced his change of heart.



He alluded, of course, to the shootings in Alexandria. He also mentioned that he's about to go on tour again -- and midway through the video he made this comment about his tour preparations:
But you know what else we're doing, other than getting all our gear ready? I'm meeting with my buddies in the Delta Force and the Navy SEALs and the Army Rangers and the Green Berets and SWAT teams, my buddies who I hang out with, I train with these guys -- these are the greatest warriors in the world. And you know, we're not just talking about having a fun concert tour. We're not just talking about celebrating the coolest rhythm and blues rock and roll songs in the history of the world. You know what I'm doing with my buddies in Delta Force and the Army Rangers and the Green Berets and the Navy SEALS and the SWAT team? You know what we're talking about? Life-and-death security on the Ted Nugent tour. So I gotta get my guitars in order, then I gotta get my buddies on Delta Force -- Special Forces guys -- to come on the road and do security every night, and look for crazy people.
So that's why Ted Nugent is now pretending to be a nice guy: because he's afraid of getting shot on tour by a liberal. Every big rocker needs security, but big, tough Ted Nugent thinks he needs Special Forces guys to keep some Bernie Sanders fan (or Clinton fan or Obama fan) from shooting him, presumably because he's spent decades telling us how subhuman we all are. So now he's going to make nice and hope all the scary liberals leave him alone.

I don't want Ted Nugent to be shot. At the same time, I'd be happy if his tour played to near-empty houses. I'd like him out of our lives -- not through violence, but through public indifference. In any case, don't think Ted Nugent has suddenly demonstrated a conscience. He's just frightened -- by you and me.

No comments: